The kit will be professionally prepared and “bench-prepped” ready for you to install on your vehicle. This means that the items will have been removed from their retail packaging and wired together. The unit will come ready to install (pre-programmed) with wire-connectors terminated on every wire you must connect as well as T-taps to apply to the wires in your vehicle so you do not need to cut/strip those wires.
Note that on this vehicle there is one wire you must cut, strip and terminate to connect either side through the remote starter assembly. This is a simple procedure and is required for any remote start kit on this vehicle. Once the wiring connections have been made you will follow a quick procedure to allow the remote starter kit to “learn” your key. The kit will not function until this learning procedure is complete.
No warranties are expressed or implied with this product due to the self-installation. As with all remote starter systems, for warranties to be valid these products must be installed by a professional (as per the manufacturer). Units will be tested for functionality prior to shipping to confirm you do not receive a defective product.
Physical hardware included in this kit:
- Remote Start Kit (Includes a 2-way remote, a 1-way remote, the starter “brain”, antenna and relevant wiring harnesses)
- Bypass Module (Pre-programmed for this application)
- T-Taps and wiring connectors for all connections you will need to make
This kit provides for a simple and clean installation, but if you’d like a smaller footprint and even cleaner installation please check out and add the BLADE-AL upgrade to your cart!
Tools required for installation:
- 10mm socket with matching socket wrench
- Philips-head screwdriver (P2)
- Wire cutters (to cut one wire)
- Wire strippers (to strip the two sides of the single wire you cut)
- Wire crimpers (to crimp connectors onto the two sides of the single wire you cut and stripped)
- Regular pliers (or T-Tap tool)
After install you will be able to:
- Remote start your vehicle from the new key-fobs
- Lock/Unlock your doors from the new key-fobs
This kit is a 2-way setup. This means that signals are sent in both directions. The key-fob remote sends the signal to the car to start/lock/unlock and the car then sends a response signal to the remote that the signal was received and the relevant action was performed successfully. The primary benefit to the 2-way system is that you know the car is running without potentially needing to look out the window to see that lights are on, etc. You can start it from your desk at work, your bedroom at home, and other places where you cannot see the car itself and want to know for sure that the signal made its way to the car.
If you don’t want the remote to receive and confirm signals from the car, look for the “Basic” listing on this website instead.